Rough Terrain Forklift Operator Certification Needs
Certification is a must-have for anyone who uses an all-terrain forklift at any worksite. It is available to anyone who completes a certification training program. A typical certification training program for all-terrain forklift operators can be completed in as little as one day (experienced refresher). The program provides insights into safe operation and maintenance of an all-terrain forklift. It also explains how operators can identify and address common forklift safety dangers.
After completing a certification training exam administered by an authorised trainer, an individual can earn their all-terrain forklift operator license. He or she will need to renew their license within three years of issue to ensure it remains valid.
Consequences of Not Certifying Employees to Drive an All-Terrain Forklift
Businesses cannot allow all-terrain forklift drivers to operate a lift without a valid license. Otherwise, these companies can face myriad consequences.
HSE penalises businesses that do not comply with its forklift safety requirements. HSE penalties can total tens of thousands of Pounds. And it can put a business’ brand reputation and revenues at risk.
Also, unlicensed all-terrain forklift operators are ill-equipped to drive a lift. These operators may struggle to identify forklift hazards. As a result, they can cause forklift accidents, along with associated injuries and fatalities.
- Course introduction and induction
- Health & safety at work act 1974
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998
- Provision & use of work equipment regulations 1998.
- Approved code of practice
- Operator safety and observation
- Pre-Shift checks & test
- Defect reporting procedures
- Lift Truck stability – engineering principles and weight assessment
- Driving within simulated working conditions
- Manoeuvring skills
- Rated capacity & load centres
- Hydraulic system and use of the controls
- Stacking & de-stacking – load handling skills
- Vehicle loading and offloading
- Refuelling and recharging procedures including battery handling and housing
- Theoretical examination
- Practical examination
1-day refresher course for up to 3 existing operators – delegates who have already held a valid certification for a R/T Straight Mast forklift truck
2-3-day Novice / Semi-novice training course for up to 3 delegates -who have some but little experience on a R/T Straight Mast forklift truck
Each delegate will be given a theoretical (multi-choice format) test to assess their job-related safety knowledge, pre-use and a practical test, upon successful completion a certificate of basic training will be awarded.
When conducting training at customers’ premises we will require the following:
- An open area either indoors or outdoors
- Several pallets both empty and loaded
- The use of any racking if available
FLT Mounting Click Here
FLT Notes 1 Click Here
FLT Notes 2 Click Here
FLT Notes 3 Click Here
FLT Notes 4 Click Here
FLT Questions Click Here
FLT Trainee Notes Click Here
On Site Practical Test Click Here
HSE Guidance Safe Use Of Vehicles On Construction Sites Click Here
Mobile Plant Reversing & Visibility Aids Click Here
Health & Safety Advice For Plant Operations Click Here